To ensure the safety of our tri-border community, we are following Dutch regulations with support of the Base Support Group Commander. As you are aware, we are facing an extremely fluid situation with regard to our operations and the potential spread of Covid-19.  This information is subject to change at any time, and updates will be released accordingly. We encourage you to continue to follow us on here and Facebook, for the latest updates.  Please check both frequently for changes. We appreciate your understanding, as we navigate opportunities to continuously serve you while remaining safe and vigilant in mitigating the spread of Covid-19. 

Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay positive.


How to Get Help for Domestic Violence in the Netherlands

Domestic violence is something we hope no one ever has to go through. For parents in our community who find themselves in an abusive situation, the stress is often compounded by being in a foreign system and language. Below is a  list of compiled essential resources, in conjunction with the recommendations from the Dutch Ministries of Justice and Health. 

Report Abuse

If you need immediate help, call the police: dial 112. They are authorized to intervene in situations to keep you and your children safe and secure. 

The police are part of emergency services that can respond to situations such as psychological and physical abuse. When they come to your home due to you or your neighbor's call, they will approach the offender about his/her behavior and discuss what happens next. In some situations, a temporary restraining order is given to the offender. This means that he/she may not enter the house for a short period of time. 

In cases of serious violence, the police can prosecute, in which case the offender will probably be taken to court.

You can also go to the police at any time. They will listen to you and explain what they can do. You can bring charges (via an aangifte police report), or you can report the incident to be recorded in the police records without pressing charges (an aanmelden police report). If you do decide to bring charges, they will ask for proof of evidence such as photos of bruises or wounds, medical records, or statements from witnesses.

You can also file anonymously (anoniem melden) through Meld Misdaad Anoniem: tel.0800-7000 (weekdays: 8:00-24:00; weekend: 9:00-17:00). 

Find Resources and Support

Protect yourself by asking for information and assistance from professional help workers and organizations, so you are able to make the right decision for yourself and your children. Inform your general practitioner (huisarts) of your situation, and when possible ask for a referral to your local social work team (sociaal wijkteam) or the domestic abuse helpline Veiligthuis. 


To talk to someone about domestic violence (websites are in Dutch and English) you can contact: 


Veiligthuis (National Domestic Violence, Child Abuse & Elderly Abuse Hotline): tel. 0800 2000 (24/7 free number)

Blijf Groep (North Holland domestic violence shelter group): tel. 020 611 6022

Stichting Korrelatie (for help with relationship problems): tel. 0900 1450

The primary aid line for help after sexual violence: tel. 020 613 0245 

Organizations that provide information and support in English: 

Amsterdam Mamas: email

Arise NL: email:

Kezban Foundation: tel. 06-12 50 7996, email

For violent partners or family members, there is a program for behavioral change where he/she can learn to control their aggression. In some cases, the victims of domestic violence find that once their partner joins such a group, the violence at home decreases. Addresses of such therapy and self-help groups are available from Veiligthuis, Blijf Groep, social workers, and women’s centers. 




Covid-19 Related Information:


NATO Distance Learning:


Resources for Parents & Children:

Parent Resources and Childrens Activitie
Adobe Acrobat Document 267.8 KB